§1 Validity towards entrepreneurs and definitions
(1) The following conditions apply to all transactions between us and a consumer at the moment the order is placed.
A consumer is a natural person who enters into a transaction for purposes which predominantly are neither commercial nor related to one’s own profession. (§ 13 BGB). (BGB: German Civil Code).
§2 Entering of a purchase agreement, storing of the text of the agreement
(1) The following conditions concerning the enter of a purchase agreement apply to orders through our online shop at www.hg-shop.eu.
(2) A purchase agreement is entered with
(3) The presentation of products in our online shop are not to be understood as a legally binding contractual offer from our side, but just as a non-committal invitation to consumers to order goods. By ordering the desired products the consumer offers the seller a binding purchase agreement.
(4) On receipt of an order in our online shop the following rules apply: By finishing successfully the ordering procedure in our internet shop the consumer has entered into a binding agreement.
The order includes the following steps:
1) Selecting the desired products;
2) verification of the data in the shopping cart;
3) pressing the button “Proceed to Checkout”;
4) filling in the provided form with the their requested information, eventually the registering as a customer;
5)verifying and, if necessary, correcting the information entered at the form;
6) reading the terms and conditions and accepting them by checking the sentence “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions” at the end of the form;
7) Confirming the order by clicking the button “Place Order”.
8) By placing the order, a binding purchase agreement is concluded.
Before concluding a binding purchase agreement the consumer can return to a previous page of the shop by pressing the ‘return’ button in the web browser or by pressing the menu item “Shop ‘, e.g. to continue shopping first. By closing the browser window of the shop, or by closing the browser itself a not yet concluded order is interrupted.
We confirm the receipt of your order through an automatically generated e-mail (“Order Confirmation”). With this confirmation we accept the purchase agreement offered by the customer.
(5) Storage of the purchase agreement via our online shop: We will send you the order data by e-mail, we also point out your acceptance of the terms and conditions. The Terms and Conditions can be viewed at any time at our website http://www.shop.eu in the right menu under “Conditions”. For security reasons, your order data are no longer accessible through the Internet.
§ 3 Prices, shipping, payment, maturity
(1) The prices shown are including VAT and other price components. Shipping costs, if stated, have to be added.
(2) The prices can be shown in multiple currencies, but decisive is the price in Euros.
(3) The consumer has the options to pay by bank transfer (SEPA booking – for citizens in the European Union only), PayPal or Credit Card. In all cases, only prepayment is accepted.
(4) The buyer is committed to pay the purchase price immediately after concluding the purchase agreement.
§ 4 Delivery
(1) Unless otherwise stated in the product description, all products we offer can be shipped immediately. The shipment will take place after the amount due for the order is credited to our bank account. If the delivery can not take place within one week of receipt of payment at our account, the customer will be informed of the reason and the expected date of dispatch.
These shipping costs refer to the cheapest fare available for us: That is ‘Uninsured book pack’ or ‘uninsured letter’. (These are two rates of the German Federal Post (Deutsche Post).
If the customer requests insured shipping, this request should be stated at the online order form while ordering or immediately after the order in a formless e-mail. Then the customer will receive as soon as possible an email from us with a new calculation of the total amount. The customer has to pay the extra shipping costs: if the order already is paid, the additional costs for insured shipping are to be payed in a subsequent payment. Only after the total amount is credited to our account, the order will be shipped.
(2) The risk of unintentional loss and accidental deterioration of the sold products during the mail transport is only transferred to the buyer after the purchase has been received.
§ 5 Ownership reservation
The goods remain the property of the seller until the purchase price of the goods ordered are payed completely.
§ 6. The right of the customer to withdraw:
Right of withdrawal
Consumers generally have a right of withdrawal under the following conditions, taking into account that the consumer is a natural person who has entered into binding agreements which generally has no connection with commercial or his/her independent professional activities:
Notification of the right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
For personalized items, especially books with a personal dedication (e.g. specificly autographed for the customer or someone else he had requested), the right of return is ommitted. For other products, our customers can – when they are end users according to the legal definition under § 356 BGB – return the goods within 14 days without giving reasons. That period begins upon receipt of the goods and this instruction. The deadline is met when the products are shipped within that time. The return shipment must be stamped sufficiently, these costs are not refunded. Goods which are returned unstamped or insuffiently unstamped, will be refused by the seller. This can cause additional costs for the buyer and will not be reimbursed by the seller.
Concernring non-personalized items the customer has the right of canceling the purchase agreement without giving a reason untill 14 days after the purchase.
The right of canceling the purchase agreement starts with the date the buyer or the person representing him or her, except for the employees of the delivering company, recieved the goods.
To make use of the right of canceling the purchase agreement an unequivocal statement in the form of a postal letter or an e-mail has to be send to
with your decision of canceling the agreement. For this statement the model form below can be used, but that is not mandatory.
Consequences of canceling the purchase agreement
If the buyer cancels the purchase agreement, we will make all payments we received from you, including the first time shipping costs (except for the extra costs resulting from the fact that another method of delivery was chosen by the customer, different from the cheapest rate shipping offered by the seller), will be refunded within fourteen days. This two-weeks period begins immediately at the date the returned goods are received by the seller. For the refund, we use the same method of payment the purchaser has used in the initial transaction, unless expressly otherwise is agreed between customer and seller.
In the case of impairment of the products, a compensation may be required. This does not apply when an impairment is solely due to an inspection of the product (as it were for instance also would have been possible in a store). The obligation to pay such a compensation can be avoided by not putting the product into use in any way and to avoid everything that could lead to a depreciation of the goods.
The goods has to be returned immediately and in any within fourteen days after the date the seller was informed of the cancellation of the purchase agreement. This deadline is met if the goods are sent before the end of the respite.
The buyer pays the costs of returning the goods. These will not be refunded.
End of the Notification of the right of withdrawal
§7 Cancellation form
Example of a cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the purchase agreement, please fill in this form and send it back to us)
Hereby I/we (*) cancel the purchase agreement for the following goods ordered by me/us (*) at <write here the date>, which I/we (*) recieved at <write here the date>:
<List here the recieved goods>
Name of the customer/customers (*):
Postal address of the customer/customers (*):
Signature of the customer/customers (*): (only if it concerns a written and printed form)
(*) delete where appropriate.
The statutory warranty provisions apply.
§ 9. The language and jurisdiction relating to the purchase agreement and the seat of the competent court
Decisive for the language of the purchase agreement is exclusively German.
The seat of jurisdiction is in Bad Homburg vdH, Germany
These Terms and Conditions were made up to date at November 2015.
— — — — — — — — — — —
This text is a translation of the corresponding German text. It is solely meant as our service to you. Yet, only the German text at the German section of this site under the menu item “AGB” is authoritative and decisive because this shop is located in Germany and falls under German Law.
These Terms and Conditions is a free service by agb.de
Translation by GardenStone